Is your agency interested in starting a drone program but you’re not sure where to start? This training will introduce you to the world of drones, help you to understand the complicated regulations and gain a better understanding of the technology. If your agency is contemplating using a drone, if you want to be prepared to investigate citizen complaints, this training will provide you the information you need.
Public Safety (Police, Fire, Rescue, Emergency Government), Economic Development, Municipal Government, Risk Managers, Parks Departments, Department Heads, Legal Departments.
This presentation is available as a conference presentation. The program length will be tailored to fit your agenda. The program is also available as a 4 or 8 hour classroom session. Longer sessions include more detail and live demonstrations.
Introduction to Drones
- The fundamentals of unmanned flight
- Overview of current technology, capabilities and trends
- Thermal cameras explained
- FAA rules for recreational, commercial and government operations
- Demonstration of the latest equipment
- Drone countermeasures and protecting against rouge drones
- Practical applications for village/municipal government, police, fire, rescue and emergency government
- How public safety agencies are using aerial mapping for accident reconstruction and documenting crime scenes
Establishing a Drone Program
- Overview of the FAA’s requirements and how to obtain approval for your drone program
- Pilot certification process explained (Part 107)
- Review of the FAA Reauthorization Act of 2018 and the impact on unmanned aircraft
- Policy development and best practices
- Choosing the right equipment and setting a budget
- Mitigating public opposition; balancing privacy concerns with public safety
Investigating Drone Related Incidents
- Case studies of incidents involving drones
- Privacy issues and case law regarding surveillance from the air
- Defining local law enforcement’s role in regulating drone use
- Knowing when to intervene and recognizing legitimate use
- Collecting and interpreting electronic evidence from drones
- How and when to contact the FAA
- Online resources
Contact me to request this presentation for your group or event.