Upcoming classes: June 28, 29 2021 (La Crosse PD)
Click here to register:
Online training available now! Click for details
This program has been specifically designed for first responders who are working to integrate drones into their operations. The “Remote Pilot in Command” training course is the first step in getting your program off the ground. This training will help you prepare for and pass the FAA’s written exam which is required to obtain the Remote Pilot Airman Certificate. This is the credential you’ll need to legally operate an unmanned aircraft for any purpose other than recreational. This course will teach you the rules of airspace, aerodynamics, aircraft maintenance, emergency procedures and the principles of unmanned aviation. You will also be trained in the applicable state and federal laws, best practices, policies, and how to gain community support.
Who should attend this training?
- First responders
- GIS Specialists
- Conservation Wardens
- Anyone planning to use drones for anything other than recreational purposes
- Aircraft Loading and Aerodynamics
- Airport Operations and Understanding Airspace
- Aviation Weather Services
- Applying for Waivers
- Aeronautical Decision Making
- Emergency Procedures
- Federal Aviation Regulations (Part 107)
- State Drone Laws
- Overview of the FAA testing process; what to expect
Sign up to be notified about future classes or request this training at your agency.