Online class, register now!
Click the image below to learn more about this online class.
Are you interested in using your drone for business or public safety? FAA regulations require that a person operating a drone for commercial purposes hold a remote pilot airman certificate. In order to obtain this certification, you must pass an aeronautical knowledge exam at an FAA approved testing center (commonly referred to as the Part 107 Exam). Titletown Drones has partnered with Jet Air Group, an authorized testing center. When you are ready, you can schedule your exam at Jet Air!
In-person classes have been postponed. Please sign up for email updates below to be alerted of upcoming classes.
This one-day class will help you prepare for and pass the exam.
The commercial drone industry is growing rapidly and so are business opportunities. Aerial photography, roof inspections, tower and crane inspections, site surveys, crop analysis are only a few of the many business opportunities that await you. As with any business you must do your homework and make sure you are in compliance with relevant rules and regulations.
Who should attend this training?
- Anyone looking to use a drone for anything other than recreational purposes
- Emergency Government: Police, Fire, Rescue and Emergency Government
- Land conservationists
- GIS specialists
- Real Estate Agents/Photographers
- Construction Contractors
- Insurance Adjusters
- Roofing Contractors
- Utility, Tower Inspectors
What are the legal requirements to use a drone for business?
In August of 2016, the FAA established 14CFR Part 107, the new rules for small unmanned aerial systems (sUAS) which are commonly referred to as drones. Part 107 requires a person operating a drone for commercial purposes to hold a remote pilot airman certificate with a small UAS rating or be under the direct supervision of a person who holds a remote pilot certificate. In order to obtain a remote pilot certification you must pass an aeronautical knowledge test at an FAA approved testing center.
If you don’t have any background in aviation, you may find the testing process overwhelming. In addition, you will be charged $150 for every attempt and if you don’t pass, you don’t get a refund and you must wait two weeks to take it again. Sound confusing? I’m here to help you pass the first time!
Can’t I just find what I need online?
Sure, there are many online resources available for you to study. Unfortunately the information you will need is not found in one place. The documents and books you’ll need to study contain hundreds of pages of text and charts. You’ll have to figure out which materials are relevant to the test. The whole process can be overwhelming unless you know what to focus your attention on.
Many people are visual learners and get more out of a classroom session. You can spend weeks reading about barometric pressure, aircraft loading, military operation areas, and airspace rules. You’ll drive yourself crazy trying to understand all the symbols on a flight chart but if someone shows you how, it will expedite the learning process.
Many people are too busy to spend weeks conducting research or muddling through online courses. If you want to prepare for and pass the Part 107 but aren’t sure where to start, my training program is exactly what you are looking for. The information will make sense even if you don’t have a background in aviation.
What will I be tested on?
If you are taking the exam for the first time, you’ll need a solid foundation of these aviation principles. This is right from the FAA’s website.
What will I learn in this course?
My program covers the topics that you will find on the FAA’s Remote Pilot (Part 107) written exam including:
- Aviation regulations including 14CFR107m 14CFR48
- Local, State and local drones laws (conduct with a drone, privacy, etc.)
- Aeronautical Decision Making and Crew Resource Management
- Aircraft Loading and Aerodynamics
- Airspace and flight operations (How to read and interpret sectional flight charts)
- Aviation Weather
Attend this 1 day seminar and you are well on your way to passing the Part 107 exam!
- Applying for Waivers and the new LAANC airspace approval system
- How to conduct a proper pre-flight inspection (FAA requirement)
- Malfunctions and coping with inflight emergencies
- Overview of the testing process; what to expect
Do you already have a remote pilot certificate but are due for recertification?
The FAA is in the process of updating the procedure to renew your certificate. The new process is schedule to start April 16, 2021. for more details on these rule changes, please read this page with updates on the new Remote ID rules.
What are the instructor’s qualifications?
I’m a retired police captain with over 30 years experience in public safety. I am a professional training consultant who has delivered training programs and conference presentations across the US and the UK. I know how to explain and deliver complex information in a way that is easy to understand and remember. Read my profile on Linked-In
- 30 Year Police Veteran
- 22 years experience as a public safety trainer
- 7 years in business
- Part 107 Remote Pilot Certificate
- Bachelors Degree, Concordia University
- Owned and operated a drone repair center for 2 years
- Founder of the Green Bay Area Drone User Group
- Authorized dealer for DJI Enterprise, Autel Entereprise and Fox Fury Lighting
- Licensed retailer by the State of Wisconsin
- Developed and delivered drone training programs to hundreds of emergency responders and commercial drone pilots across the nation
- Scored 100% on the Part 107 recertification exam
What does it cost?
The fee for the in-person training program is $249, the online program is $199.00. The class fee includes a study guide, sample test questions and instructions on how to schedule your FAA Part 107 exam. Cash, checks, PayPal and all major credit cards are accepted.
When and where will the training be held?
Classes are available online or in-person.
In person classes are held quarterly at:
Jet Air Group
1921 Airport Drive
Green Bay, WI 54313
Request this training in your area or sign up below for future classes.